Saturday 21 January 2012

Best of Beauty 2011

I only really got into collecting and applying make up in 2011, and now I know its what I want to do for a living. I'm only 17 and as I'm in school,  I'm a bit sceptical about starting on YouTube, so I'll just stick with this for the time being. Heres my first post, hope you enjoy! :)

Beauty-

Foundation: Has to be MAC’s Studio Fix Fluid, not really because I wore it everyday but mainly just on nights out and special occasions, and looove it. This foundation stops my skin going oily and it doesn’t darken after a few hours of wear like some foundations do, it doesn’t break me out either. I have it in NC30 and NC25.



Concealer: MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer, I got this around July and haven’t looked back since, it doesn’t crease under the eyes and covers my acne scars really well. Mine is in NC 20.
Powder: Mineralised Skin Finish Natural, I have this in the shade medium. It adds a slight bit of coverage without changing the colour of your skin and keeps me matte for hours. A cheaper alternative is Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder, and I own this in shade 005.

Bronzer/ Contouring Powder: I have Benefits Hoola bronzer since last May and I really don’t think I’ll ever change, I will definitely repurchase.
Blush: I’m not a big fan of blush, I myself rather wear bronzer as blusher but when I do need a bit of colour to my face I turn to MAC’s Pinch o’ Peach, which is a gorgeous matte pink colour.


Highlighter: I don’t highlight on a daily basis but when I do, I use Benefits Girl Meets Pearl. For an eye highlight, I use MAC's Ricepaper. 


Eyeshadow: Its hard to choose just one eyeshadow but the one I used with pretty much every eye look I did was Rimmel's Smokey Quartz. I love to apply this all over the lid with a darker colour blended into the crease, whether that be a green, black, purple or any colour. Its so versatile. 
Eyeliner: Inglot’s Gel Liner in no. 77. Does. Not. Budge.
Mascara: Essence I ♥ Extreme Volume mascara. Only about €2, and does exactly what it says on the tin. WIN.
Lip product: MAC’s Myth with Rimmel Vinyl Gloss in Crystal Clear over.

Brush: Once again, it’s hard to choose just one but it has to be the MAC 217, places colour into the crease and blends really nicely, and it can also be used to blend out concealer. Has many uses.


Skincare-

Cleanser: Nivea Pure and Natural Cleansing Lotion.
Eye make up remover: Garnier 2 in 1.
Moisturiser: Johnson’s Day Cream with SPF 15. Also works really well as a base for make up.
Spot Cream: Duac Gel
Lip Balm: One I got in a magazine, has no brand, but works amazingly.
Exfoliater: Soap and Glory Flake Away
Body Moisturiser: Soap and Glory The Righteous Butter
Fake Tan: St Moriz Dark, got me through the hard pale times of winter. And summer in Ireland.
Deodrant: Dove Original 24h.

Hair

Shampoo: Vo5 Give me Moisture and John Frieda Colour Renew Purple Shampoo.
Conditioner: Vo5 Give me Moisture
Hairspray: Garnier Fructis Full Control Hairspray. I hate the smell though.


Fragrance-

Perfume: SJP NYC. Mmmmmmmmmm.



Random
Movie/TV Show: Taken
Food: Beans and oranges. :P
Beverage: Ribena with water.
Clothes shop: Awear/ River Island/ Penneys

No comments:

Post a Comment