Wednesday 1 August 2012

July Favourites :)

Time for my first monthly favourites! I probably won't be doing these every month as I simply don't change up my products enough but this month, I was wondering what to write about next and the end of the month came so I had no excuse not to. Few randoms in here, so be prepared..



Regarding skin, July has been a bad month. I've broken out in places I never usually do, such as around my nose. This face scrub really help the clarity and texture of my skin, and its almost back to normal. I use this in the shower, and really work it into the skin to slough off dead skin. I absolutely adore this stuff and have already repurchased!

 

Next is a foundation combo. The bottle on the left is Revlon Colorstay in 150 - Buff (€17.50 in Boots) for Combination/Oily skin, and the bottle on the right is Rimmel Lasting Finish in 400 - Natural Beige. (€8 - €10). The Revlon one is in the lightest shade and the Rimmel one is in the darkest it comes in. Depending on what colour my neck is due to tan and the likes, I mix these to make the colour I need. These two babies go hand in hand as they are both very long lasting foundations and give me the matte finish I love. *Winning*



Inglot 6SS, smaller version of the 4SS. This is ideally made for blending out concealer but due to its squirrel substitute hair, its ideal for both cream and powder products. I use this everyday I wear eyeshadow to blend out any harsh lines. Its a must have for me!



Jewellery is one thing I've been OBSESSED with over the last month, especially gold jewellery, pearls, mustaches, and bows. River Island is my favourite place to root! If you want to know where any of these pieces are from just ask in the comments below.




I was bold this month and ended up getting two bouncy blowdries! One was in preperation for The Corona's concert, and the other was when I got my highlights done by one of the girls in work. I just loooove having no roots! These blowdries only take about half an hour, last forever and are usually around €20. They add volume, texture and curl to the hair by leaving a med- large round brush in until it cools.



Once again I'm raving about Essence Nail polishes. At 1.29, there are so many shades to choose from and they last such a long time. This is my newest one and current favourite.



Not its first time to appear on my blog, this e/s by Inglot is in #342. Its an ideal shade for filling in blonde eyebrows. Although I really don't have blonde eyebrows, it allows me to fill them in and still neutralise the warm tones with this being a cool tone. Similar to MAC's Omega e/s.



I feel very shallow saying this, but I really could not live without this product. Being one that likes to be brown all the time, I apply this lightly for day wear and heavily and in multiple coats for nights out. Don't judge!




Benefits Hoola Bronzer: Keeping with the whole 'bronzed' theme, this is a product I use everyday I wear make up. I'm devastated I've hit pan and so much of it, as at €33.50 its quite expensive but I will, without a doubt, be repurchasing.


Last but not least, is this foundation tester kit from Sleek MakeUP. Actually, I use this as a concealer as the consistency is quite thick and dries to a powder finish. This is in the shade light/medium and is only €4!



Time for the randoms! Two tunes I havent stop listening to this month are this and this. Give them a listen if you haven't already, I'm addicted!

I have two favourite places this month. One being Galway again! I spent last week on a 'holiday' there with Tara, and definitely had the craic. Its just so relaxing, and people are so friendly.

The next place, River Island, is going to be the death of me! When they have a sale, my pocket greatly suffers. I went into the dressing room with 22 things the first time I attacked it.. My favourite shop ever!

Let me know if you've tried any of these products and your thoughts on them in the comments below!
Talk soon, 
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment